You already know that Bees Knees Spicy Honey goes great with things like cheese, ice cream, pizza, and fruit. But why limit Bees Knees to food?
Today we bring you a delicious cocktail, dreamt up by our resident gourmet Casey while on a camping trip this fall. He created this warming libation over a campfire but you can make it at home just as easily.
With the right whiskey, it offers an incredible mix of smokey, sweet, and spicy notes. Perfect for autumn as the leaves turn and the days grow shorter. We love this concoction when made with a healthy pour of Jameson, but you can feel free to experiment with your whiskey of choice.
- 2 tablespoons of whiskey
- 1 tablespoon of Bees Knees Honey
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 large lemon wedge
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Grab a teakettle and bring water to a slow boil
- Add whiskey, Bees Knees, and orange bitters to your favorite mug
- Pierce the lemon rind with the cloves
- Squeeze the juice into the mug before dropping in the wedge
- Add hot water and use the cinnamon stick to stir everything together
- Add an extra splash of whiskey if it's an especially cold night
Drink responsibly, but liberally. Fireplace or campfire optional.