The weekends are the perfect time to get the family together for breakfast or brunch. If it’s your turn to put on a tasty spread next, check out these 5 ideas that are sure to impress everyone around the table.
Summer Breakfast Bake
This breakfast bake is packed with fresh fruit and whole grains and requires very little effort. It’s also super filling and works exceptionally well with a topping of honey or maple syrup for a little sweet treat.
- 1 cup of strawberries, sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup of peaches, sliced
- Half a cup each of oats and quinoa
- A ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- A ½ cup of coconut shreds or flakes
What to do:
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and cover the bottom of the pan with the banana slices.
- In another bowl, mix together the salt, cinnamon, oats, quinoa, and brown sugar and pour over the bananas.
- Arrange the strawberries and peaches on top of the oat mixture.
- Whisk together the vanilla, eggs, and milk in a separate bowl and pour over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the coconut.
- Bake for an hour at 375 degrees until the top is firm and light brown.
- Top with fresh fruit or yogurt and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Crockpot French Toast Casserole
This crockpot French toast with raspberries and chocolate chips is an easy breakfast or brunch dish that is super decadent.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Half a cup of dark chocolate chips
- 5 – 6 cups of brioche, cubed
- Half a pint of raspberries
What to do:
- Whisk together the vanilla, sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Place half the bread cubes in a slow cooker, pushing down gently. Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and raspberries, and repeat layers.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or until it’s just starting to go golden on top. Serve with a drizzling of Trees Knees Cinnamon Maple.
Peach Pie Scones
These easy scones taste like peach pie and are the perfect size for the breakfast table.
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ a teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- A ½ cup of unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- A ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- A ¼ cup of sour cream
- Half a cup of diced fresh peaches
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and flour. Cut in the butter with a fork until you have coarse crumbs.
- Whisk together the vanilla extract, egg, heavy cream, and sour cream. Slowly add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the peaches.
- Turn the scone dough out on a well-floured surface and pat into small disks of about half an inch thick. Cut into 6 slices and place on your baking sheet. Brush each scone with a little heavy cream.
- Bake for around 16 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool.
You can serve your scones with a vanilla glaze or a generous helping of honey!
Apple and Cheddar Tartine
This savory dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons of apple butter
- Half a small baguette split lengthwise and then crosswise
- 2 ounces of sliced cheddar cheese
- Half an apple, sliced thinly
What to do:
- Heat a broiler and broil the baguette until it’s lightly toasted.
- Divide the baguette evenly and top each slice with apple butter, cheddar, and apple.
- Broil until the cheddar melts.
We love this meal topped with Yassss Honey Spicy.
Super-Quick Asparagus Frittata
If you have family members who love a frittata for breakfast, we’re sure this stovetop asparagus recipe will be a big hit at your next family breakfast.
- 3 large eggs
- 7 thin asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- A tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- A ¼ cup of minced shallot
- 2 ½ tablespoons of unsalted butter
- An ounce of prosciutto sliced thinly and torn into pieces
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons of room temperature crème Fraiche
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Use a rimmed baking sheet and toss the olive oil and asparagus. Season with salt and roast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the shallots. Cook over moderate heat until soft and then transfer to a small bowl. Wipe your skillet.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons of cold water and a ¼ teaspoon of salt. Melt the rest of the butter in the skillet over moderately low heat.
- Use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge of the frittata and slightly tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs seep below.
- Cook gently until no egg runs when you tilt your pan.
- Scatter the asparagus, shallot, and prosciutto over the frittata and place on a serving plate. Top with spicy Sriracha sauce, pepper, crème Fraiche, and cheese for a morning kick.
See the range of delicious breakfast accompaniments at Bushwick Kitchen!