Whether you do meatless Monday every week or you just want to incorporate plant-based meals into your diet, Meatless Monday is easier than ever.
Sure, Mondays are a bummer. And we’re sure the last thing you want to do after that long 9-5 is think up something creative to put on the table. Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered with these mouth-watering meatless recipes you’ll want to make every Monday!
Stir Fry Veggies with Teriyaki
This has to be the best veggie stir fry we’ve come across in foreverrrrrrrrr. It’s easy, tasty, and a stellar spin on the standard Chinese takeout night.
We like a stir fry with rice, so we cook the rice according to package instruction and then get to work on the homemade teriyaki sauce.
Then, we thinly slice up some tempeh (that delicious soy-based product that’s similar to tofu), prep the veg (we love peppers, broccoli, green onion and ginger for this one, but you can throw in whatever you feel like) and get ready to cook. Here what you need to do:
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet
- Cook the tempeh in a single layer until both sides are brown
- Remove the tempeh from the pan and add the vegetables
- Sauté the veggies until crisp-tender
- Add the tempeh and teriyaki sauce to the skillet and coat the veg
We serve our veggies over rice with a generous squeeze of hot Gochujang Sriracha sauce for a Monday night meatless kick of note!
A Very Green Pasta
Just because it’s Meatless Monday doesn’t mean you have to go without a good helping of carbs after a tough day, because since when did pasta not make a day better? This very green pasta uses zucchini noodles and whole wheat pasta, making your bowl filled to the brim with heart-healthy fiber while going lighter on the carbs.
- 12 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A bunch of asparagus, trimmed and sliced thinly
- A large shallot, diced
- 2 spiraled zucchini
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- A bunch of rainbow chard, chopped
- A cup of fresh English peas
- A quarter cup of chardonnay
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- A quarter cup of finely chopped basil
- Half a cup of grated parmesan
What you need to do:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti the way you like it. Reserve some of the water before draining your pasta.
- While the pasta is simmering, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add the shallot and cook until it’s soft.
- Add the garlic, chard, and asparagus. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice, zest, and wine.
- Bring to a simmer and toss in the chard leaves, zucchini noodles, and peas.
- Toss everything and keep cooking until the chard starts to wilt and the zucchini noodles are soft.
- Toss the veg with the spaghetti, parmesan, and basil.
- Season to your liking. You can add a few spoonful of the starchy pasta water to loosen the sauce if you want to.
You can either drizzle over a little extra olive oil and parmesan, but we really like a few squeezes of Trees Knees Spicy Maple for an extra-special Monday flavor savor!
Fast and Fabulous Mexican Quinoa
This dish is healthy, nutritious, and light. It’s so easy to make that it’s the perfect dish to throw together after your Monday night workout!
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- A cup of quinoa
- A minced jalapeno
- A cup of vegetable broth
- 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- A can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- A cup of corn kernels
- A teaspoon of chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves, chopped
- An avocado, halved, peeled, and diced
What to do:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the jalapeño and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, quinoa, corn, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Season with the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Leave to simmer until the quinoa is cooked through – it should take about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and Avo.
- Dish up, drizzle over a generous dose of spicy honey for an extra-special treat and enjoy!
We bet you’ll love these dishes so much that nearly every day could be meatless Monday from now on!
Add some sensational flavors to your dishes every day with the Bushwick Kitchen collection.